Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Late Post for Unit 7 Blog

Sorry about the late post this week. I have been tying myself in knots trying to get everything wrapped up and taken care of concerning my mother's estate. There are basically only two things left that need to be finished and that is to get my step-father to sign off of everything before we will return any of his belongings and then to finish getting my mom's truck ready for sale and get it sold. It has been such a long process that has been going on since April of this year and I am ready to be done with all of it so that I can start the mourning process for my mother. I have felt that I have been unable to do this due to the court dates and other issues concerning my mother's estate and my step-father. My sister and I are still trying to make arrangements for the release of my mother's ashes. She lives in Mississippi so I have to wait till she comes home and we had planned to do this on the on year anniversary of mom's passing. It still seems so unreal to me. I stare at her urn and still cannot believe that she is gone. I have had people in my life that have passed away, people that I was close to, and their deaths definitely affected me, but not like this. Things are getting better though. I dont cry as much even though I miss her more and more every day. I have begun to put my life back together and push myself by beginning with everyday things that need to be done such as housework and possibly errands. I would go weeks without leaving the house. Especially after my 16 year old daughter obtained her driver's license. Its a slow process, but I am beginning to feel so much better especially when I accomlish things everyday other than sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment